- The OPM-1610 is one of our latest models, and represents the culmination of more than three decades of product development and field experience.
- This model is an organic pollutant monitor (UV meter) that adopts ultraviolet absorptiometry to analyze the organic pollution levels in commercial, industrial, and other types of effluents. The values obtained are correlated with the COD. Before using the instrument, make a correlation between the instrument output and the COD.
- Environmentally-friendly, reagentless measurement. This model measures COD without using mercury or hexavalent chromium reagents.
- Continuous measurement ideal for effluent water monitoring. By continuously measuring COD, abnormality in the effluent can be detected quickly, enabling prompt handling of the situation.
- Compact and lightweight design The immersion-type detector included with the instrument, which was highly rated by users of the previous model, has been made approximately 50% smaller and 20% lighter than the original detector, making it much easier to install the instrument. In addition, the installation of the optional sample receiving tank enables measurements to be performed by extracting samples from the process stream.
- New optical system.
- A new highly stable light source ensures that the unit provides stable measurements.
- The new optical system employs a power-saving lamp and eliminates the need for a heater to stabilize the light source. These two factors help to significantly reduce the amount of power consumed by the instrument (approximately 80% less than the previous model). Furthermore, additional power savings is also possible by using an immersion-type detector that does not require a sample pump system.
- Object measured: Organic pollutant in commercial, industrial, and other types of effluents
- Measurement: Dual-wavelength absorptiometry (UV 254nm/visible light 660nm)
- Measurement range: UV absorbance; 0~2.5Abs (The transmission output range can be adjusted in 0.1 Abs increments within a range of 0.5~2.5Abs.) The readings can be displayed as absorbance on a 10 mm cell length conversion basis. The displayable absorbance ranges are as follows. 25 mm cell; 0~1.0Abs 10 mm cell; 0~2.5Abs 6 mm cell; 0~4.17Abs.
- Weight: Transmitter; Approx. 2.0kg Detector; Approx. 5.3kg(except cable)
- Dimensions (see the section): Transmitter; Approx. 181 (W) x 95 (D) x 180 (H) mm