Ion Beam Optical Films at Physical Vapor Deposition Rates
Produce the highest quality optical thin films with improved levels of productivity and throughput with the award-winning SPECTOR-HT™ Advanced Ion Beam Sputtering System. Building on the proven performance of our SPECTOR® family of ion beam systems, the SPECTOR-HT system offers excellent layer thickness control, enhanced process stability and the lowest published optical losses in the industry.
For cutting-edge optical interference coating applications ranging from bandpass filters to beam splitters to laser passives, the SPECTOR-HT has been engineered to improve key production parameters, such as target material utilization, optical endpoint control and process time. The SPECTOR-HT gives manufacturers the qualitative advantages of ion beam sputtering (IBS) technology—low scatter loss, high film purity, stable deposition rates and film thickness control of <0.1nm—in a more robust package that significantly boosts throughput and lowers cost of ownership.
- Increase throughput up to 400 percent increase in system throughput through improved deposition rates and increased lot sizes
- Improve materials utilization up to 300 percent increase in target materials utilization, reduces maintenance and improves overall cost of ownership
- Enhanced thin film uniformity optimized tool geometry combines with inherent IBS process technology advantages to deliver 50 percent better material uniformity
- Engineered for process flexibility, SPECTOR-HT improves process flexibility in multiple ways: our latest-generation process control system is operator-friendly, expanded lot sizes allows for more process choices and stable deposition rates enable unattended system operation
- Winner of prestigious 2013 R&D 100 award