High Performance Gas Chromatograph – Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer
The Alpha takes you to a new world of mass spectrometry.
Introducing JMS-T2000GC “AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha”, the ultimate GC-MS with superior performance and ease of operation.
New high-performance hardwareKey Technology 1
- The JMS-T2000GC AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha is the 6th generation JEOL GC-TOFMS and has an improved ion optics system to achieve ultra-high resolution.
- The AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha is an orthogonal-acceleration time-of-flight mass spectrometer(oaTOFMS) with dual stage reflectron. It employs an ideal ion optical system realizing both high ion transmission(=sensitivity) and ultra-high resolution.
Mass resolution and mass accuracy – Crucial for qualitative analysis
The Resolving power of a time-of-flight mass spectrometer is calculated according to the formula above. With this equation in mind, the new JMS-T2000GC AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha hardware was designed to achieve ultra-high resolution using the following principles:
- Make t longer: increase the flight distance 4 m
- Make Δ t smaller: new ion optical system using dual stage reflectron
- Make Δ t smaller: ion transfer system that can accommodate ions with a wide range of kinetic energy
With the newly developed hardware, the AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha features 6 times higher resolution than the first generation AccuTOF™ GC and has a mass accuracy of ≤ 1 ppm.
Acquiring unrivaled high-quality data, the AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha is the ultimate solution for GC-MS qualitative analysis.
Four “High” specifications and two “Wide” specifications achieved simultaneously
The JMS-T2000GC AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha is a high-performance GC-MS system that simultaneously realizes high mass resolution, high mass accuracy, high sensitivity, high speed data acquisition, wide dynamic range, and wide mass range.
The high mass resolution and high mass accuracy offers unprecedented qualitative analysis results. The high-speed data acquisition can be used for advanced GC-MS measurements such as comprehensive two-dimensional GC (GCxGC), while the wide dynamic range is useful for not only quantitative analysis but also for qualitative analysis of complex mixtures. The wide mass range is especially useful for direct MS measurements, and high sensitivity enables unprecedented information about trace components.
The AccuTOF™ GC-Alpha is truly a high-performance GC-MS system that removes the limitations for chemical analysis.
The standard EI ion source with ultra-high sensitivity is capable of trace quantitative analysis.